We’re all suckers for the numbers… Those numbers on social media: the follows, likes, and re-posts – our insights & analytics, and views – and how it all translates into website traffic. With fast moving trends and ever-evolving platforms, it can be hard to keep up with the best ways to drive traffic to your website. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Here are 10 tips to help you reach your target audience and drive more traffic to your website. The best part… They’re all FREE!
1. QUALITY CONTENT: When you provide content that customer find of value or benefit, they are more likely to come back to your site. They will you as an expert voice in your field, and your value opinion. If you need more time to publish quality content, that is OK. It’s better to share quality, well thought out content once or twice a month as opposed to a blog post every day or week that lacks substance.
2. LANDING PAGES: Creating a landing page to offer a free download to your customers is a great way to gain new customers also. People LOVE free stuff! When you offer a free download, you can gift something that is not a huge monetary investment for you, but is of value to your customers. For example, you could offer: an e-book, industry related tips, recipes, and much more – without a huge investment of time or money, and your customers will feel appreciated. (Mailchimp is an easy tool to create a free landing page.)
3. ONLINE COURSE: Think about the needs of your customer. What are some of their common challenges? Create a course offering solutions. You don’t have to include a product in every video. Your customers will appreciate your helpful advice, without your video feeling too “sales-y.” Think about your customers’ lifestyles, and get creative! For example, if you own a juice shop, you could create a video of someone making a smoothie and share the recipe with your customers.
4. CATCHY HEADLINES: Taking the time to create an eye-catching headline is so important. Customers are often searching through a see of your competitors, so make yourself stand out. Often we find people say,”I don’t care about the little details. Nobody is perfect.” but will often show the opposite in their actions. Subconsciously they care about the details. If you need ideas, you can always look online at websites similar to yours, search for synonyms, and definitions to make sure you’re standing out enough to be unique but staying on track with your message and reaching your audience.
5. MIX IT UP: Engagement is key in retaining and keeping your customers back to your website. An easy way to do that is to mix up your content. For example, Say you create two posts a month…try posting a short written article & a video one month. The following month post a longer written article and an image post – such as a 10 Tips Graphic.
6. COLLABORATE: Do you have a friend or contact that also owns a business? Are your industries similar? Great! Team up with this person and cross-promote your business through a giveaway, product review, or by working on a project together. This will help drive traffic from each others audiences to your websites and create new customers for both of you in the process.
7. WEBINARS: Similar to online courses, webinars are a great way to offer something of value to your customers and educating them in the process. It’s also a fun way to learn more about your current customers while gaining new customers. Try incorporating live chat into your webinar to gain customer insights and learn more about your audience & their needs.
8. INVITE A GUEST: Do you need a brain break from creating content? Try this idea… Invite a guest writer and feature a piece on your blog. This is another way of incorporating cross-promotion into your marketing efforts. If you don’t need a break from creating, your guest writer could also feature you on their blog. This will help to broaden both of your customer bases.
9. GO LIVE: It seems customers are loving live video more and more! Whether you use Instagram or Facebook, live video is a great way to connect with your customers. You can have Q&A sessions, discuss a particular topic, do a quick tutorial, or share an experience with your customers.
10. SOCIAL MEDIA: This seems like a no-brainer to many, but you would be surprised how many people still don’t understand the importance of social media. It is a great tool for driving traffic to your website. If you have a blog, use social media to share you blog posts, any new products, upcoming releases, events, news, & important information. (If you have not checked out Linktr.ee it is a great way to incorporate multiple links into to share in your Instagram profiles. It’s FREE with the pro version costing a mere $6/month!)